I am becoming more and more familiar with the toxic results of PVCs inside the home. This summer I had an environmental infection/rash from something that I came in contact with; it was either in my home or some thing I came in contact with.
Don’t ignore any changes to your skin (rashes), breathing, problems your children are having, etc. during this holiday season. PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is in just about every holiday decoration. Please read this article to get familiar with just what PVCs can do to your health. Before you buy those shiny, just can’t-live-without, decorations, look to see if they are made from PVC, if the label doesn’t say, ask!!!
I have been in search of a PE (polyethylene) christmas tree. They are expensive but they won’t hurt or kill you. Pre-lit trees are not 100% PE. The lights that are used on pre-lit trees are made from PVC.
Best bet is to buy a real tree but even then make sure the tree is from a sustainable source.